***NEW RACE SPRING 2018***
NOTE – April 24th race was CANCELLED due to high snow levels at the Kincaid Biathlon Range!
Mission: To get more kids, adults and families involved in the sport of triathlon in the state of Alaska by providing more multi-sport races that are inclusive, fun races for ages 5 and up, from newbies through elites.
Race Description: This “all pavement” duathlon (run/bike/run) will start at Kincaid Biathlon Range with a run around the biathlon range on paved trails, transitioning at the biathlon range followed by a bike around one of two bike loops (race dependent), followed by one final run around the biathlon range. MAPS COMING!
RACE SPONSORS : We’re currently looking for local businesses interested in sponsoring the race course with volunteers and/or assisting with financial assistance towards trail fees and giveaways. If you know of a business that might be interested, please email Heather@Turnagaintraining.com
DONATE SPORTS SHOES!!!! Please bring your newly used sneakers, snow boots or cleats to any of the 3 races and donate them in the blue buckets at bib pickup! Every donor will receive a FREE pair of headphones till they’re all gone!
3 Tuesday Nights in the Spring
May 8th, May 22nd, June 5th (FINAL RACE & Awards Night!)
**April 24th race was CANCELLED due to high snow levels at Kincaid Biathlon Range**
Kincaid Park Biathlon Range
Ages 5 and up
$18/kids – 1 race till April 1st
$22/adults – 1 race till April 1st
$20/kids – April 2nd till 5days before each race
$25/adults – April 2nd till 5days before each race
$30 Friday before race day through in-person registration
$50 for the entire series
$60 in-person registration for the entire series
USA Triathlon License REQUIRED for all participants; $10/yr for kids, $50/yr adults OR $15/1day license for adults
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Entry fees are non – refundable and non-transferrable.
- Registration Dates: Registration is OPEN , Late registration price increases $10 the Thursday at 11:59pm 5days before each day, Registration closes at 12pm on race days but you are welcome to bring $30cash to check-in to register in person
- The first 100 registrants will receive a FREE t-shirt (LIMITED SIZES AVAILABLE AFTER APRIL 15 REGISTRATION DATE)
WHATS INCLUDED IN YOUR RACE ENTRY?
- Aid station on the run course
- Race support (communications, and first aid)
- Finish line food and beverages.
- T-Shirt for the first 100 registrants, custom finishers medals, and goodies from our sponsors
- Prizes for the top 3 male/female in each age group and top 3 overall adults in the series; prizes will be awarded after the June 5th race
All entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-deferrable, no exceptions.
|6:00 PM||5-10years old||1 loop (.35miles)||3 laps (2.5miles)||1 loop (.35miles)|
|6:20 PM||11-15years old||2 loops (.7miles)||6 laps (5miles)||2 loops (.7miles)|
|6:30 PM||Youth Elite 13-15yrs.||3 loops (1.05miles)||2 laps (6.4miles)||3 loops (1.05miles)|
|6:33 PM||Junior Elite 16-19yrs.||4 loops (1.4miles)||3 laps (9.6miles)||4 loops (1.4miles)|
|7:00 PM||20 and up||4 loops (1.4miles)||3 laps (9.6miles)||4 loops (1.4miles)|
Kids Bike Course:
Kids/Adults Run Course:
Adults Bike Course:
Age Groups (USAT rules apply, age is determined by age as of 12/31/17, not race day age):
Girls Pee Wee Youth Ages 5-6
Boys Pee Wee Youth Ages 5-6
Girls Pee Wee Youth Ages 7-8
Boys Pee Wee Youth Ages 7-8
Girls Pee Wee Youth Ages 9-10
Boys Pee Wee Youth Ages 9-10
Girls Youth Ages 11-12
Boys Youth Ages 11-12
Girls Youth Ages 13-15
Boys Youth Ages 13-15
Girls Youth Elite 11-15
Boys Youth Elite 11-15
Girls Junior Elite 16-19
Boys Junior Elite 16-19
ADULTS AGE GROUPS:
GIVEAWAYS!!! First 100 registrants will receive a FREE race t-shirt (SIZES LIMITED AFTER APRIL 15TH).
PRIZES: There will be 5 raffle prizes after each race for every racer that sticks around for the last racer to finish!
AWARDS: Awards will take place at the end of the last race of the series. Points will be awarded after each race. Awards will be given to the top point accumulations for the series. Points will be posted online within a few days after each race. Awarded will be given to the Top 3 in each age group, along with top overall male/female in the pee wee, youth, youth elite, junior elite and adult races.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! – Duties: Registration, bib pick-up, transition area, run course support, and finish line help. After each race there will be raffle prizes for volunteers as well. Also, at the end of the series there will be a GRAND PRIZE for 1 volunteer that will be raffled off. You do not have to be present at the award ceremony to win.
Scholarships are available to those upon request! Please email Heather@turnagaintraining.com to request additional information. Must apply to scholarships 1weeks prior to race day. Scholarships limited.
This race followed USA Triathlon race rules along with our local safety rules are:
- Stay to the right at all times while on the run/bike course
- Declare you are passing an athlete, passing them on the left hand side, only doing so when there is no oncoming traffic
- Listen to all instructions by volunteers
- Slow down when coming into the dismounting line
- If there is wildlife on course, stop, make lots of noise and do not continue forward movement until it is safe to do so