Advanced (HPT standards) 7-8:30pm
June – Bike skills focus
July – Open Water Swimming focus
Ages 12-19 PLUS Adults
**All athletes must have a current USAT license for the entire duration of the training session.
MISSION STATEMENT: The goal of this team is to increase speed and skills in biking, running, open water swimming and triathlon transitions in preparation for the triathlon season in a fun and supportive team setting. Additionally, the goal is to prepare HPT athletes for USAT Youth/Junior Elite Cup races and USAT Youth/Junior Elite Nationals.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOINING THE BEGINNER’S TEAM:
-To be able to swim continuously for 5minutes using freestyle and/or other strokes
-To be able to road bike continuously for 60minutes
-To be able to run/walk for 20minutes
-Must be willing to swim in open water. It is OK if this will be your first experience
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOINING THE EXPERIENCED TEAM:
-To be able to swim a 100/yards in 2:00minutes or less
-To be able to bike a minimum of 14mph continuously for 60minutes
-To be able to run a minimum 10:00minute mile pace
-Must be able to swim in open water
MUST HAVE FOR JOINING EITHER TEAMS:
-A Road Bike (the team owns 2 youth and 1 adult xs road bike that are available to borrow for free – first come first servers basis for season loans with the understanding that the athlete will pay for a tune-up before returning the bike)
-A road bike tire changing kit on your bike with CO2, value converter, a spare tube and 2 levers
-Water bottle cage with water bottle at all practices
-Elastic shoelaces in your running shoes
-A race belt
RECOMMENDED FOR JOINING EITHER TEAMS:
-Clip-in bike shoes with clip-in pedals
-Wetsuit – get 70% off Xterra Wetsuits, use code Turnagain-CO at checkout!
-Swim buoy – get 70% off Xterra buoys, use code Turnagain-CO at checkout!
What’s Included in Joining the Team:
- Weekly practices
- *Summer HPT Athletes (Kids 12-19 on the Experienced team) will get a wetsuit to borrow during open water swim season FOR FREE. All others are able to rent the remaining team wetsuit for $50 for the season, after the HPT kids have received their wetsuits.
- Winter/Spring Athletes will be the opportunity to borrow a trainer, riser and trainer travel bag for the season for $20/season.
- Athletes will have the opportunity to borrow a team road bike
- HPT Kid Athletes will get a team shirt – provided by our sponsors!
- Opportunity to purchase team uniforms
- Discounts and other benefits from our sponsors
- Free clinics
- Coaching support at many of the local triathlons
- Coaching support at TriMonroe and USA Triathlon Youth/Junior Nationals
- 20% off any other Turnagain Training services
- End of the season party
Interested? Questions? Email Heather@TurnagainTraining.com