May 16th, May 30th & June 13th, 2023
Registration is Open!
This is the only all road biking duathlons in Alaska!
Mission: To get more kids, adults, and families involved in the sport of triathlon in the state of Alaska by providing more multi-sport races that are inclusive, fun races for all ages, little ones on training wheels through elites.
Race Description: This on road duathlon (run/bike/run) will start next to the chalet with a run around the old biathlon range on paved trails, followed by a bike around one of two bike loops (race dependent), followed by one final run on the same run course.
3 Tuesday Nights in the Spring
May 16th, May 30th, and June 13th
5:30-8pm at Kincaid Park Chalet
Bib Pickup: We only have a race day bib pickup option.
Awards Night: TBD
KIDS 17 and under:
$20 – till April 1st
$25 – April 2nd to the Monday before race day. Monday 10pm registration closes.
$10 off when you sign up for all 3 races. Price will be reduced at checkout!
*Registration closes the Monday 10pm before the race and there are NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION OPTIONS!
USA Triathlon License REQUIRED for all participants; $10/yr for kids $50/yr for adults or $15 1/day license option
$20 – until April 1st
$25 – April 1st until the Monday 10pm prior to race day. Race registration CLOSES at 10pm the night before race day and there is NO in-person registration, sorry!
NO RACE DAY IN-PERSON REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 10pm MONDAY BEFORE RACE DAY, DON’T BE LATE, NO EXCEPTIONS, SORRY!
SAVE $10 off if you sign-up for the entire series, will be noted at checkout
USA Triathlon License REQUIRED for all participants; $50/yr adults OR $15/1day license for adults
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Entry fees are non – refundable and non-transferrable to other series BUT we are happy to change them to another race within the duathlon series, email required 2days before race minimum!
- Registration Dates: Registration IS OPEN! Late registration price increases $5, April 1st until the Monday 10pm before race day.
- First 75 to register for the series will receive a Spring Duathlon t-shirt, limited sizing available. First signed up, first served. Register prior to April 1st guarantees your shirt size!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR RACE ENTRY?
- Race support (communications, and first aid)
- Finish line to-go style food and beverages.
- T-shirts (limited sizes available) for the first 75 series registrants, custom finishers medals for the kids, and goodies from our sponsors
- Kids awards are black bear teddy bears wearing custom “Spring Duathlon” t-shirts
- Adults awards are Trek Bicycle Store of Anchorage gift cards.
- 1st Overall Female/Male: $50 Trek Bicycle Store of Anchorage gift card. OVERALL is determined by the 1st male & female with the overall combined fastest times over the 3 races.
- Adults Age Group Awards, Trek Bicycle Store of Anchorage Gift cards:
- 1st place $30 gift card
- 2nd place $20 gift card
- 3rd place $10 gift card
- Points are given out after every race. 1st place gets 10, 2nd place gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. We will award minimum 1 point to every single racer that finishes the race below 9th place. The top combined highest points for all 3 races in a specific gender/age group will be the winner.
Registration is OPEN! CLICK HERE
All entries are non-refundable, non-transferable, no exceptions.
|5:30 PM||4-8 years old||1 loop (.35miles)||3 laps (2.5miles)||1 loop (.35miles)|
|6:00 PM||9-12 years old||2 loops (.7miles)||6 laps (5miles)||2 loops (.7miles)|
|7:15 PM||Youth, 13-15 years old||3 loops KIDS RUN COURSE (1.05miles)||2 laps (7miles)||3 loops KIDS RUN COURSE (1.05miles)|
|7:15 PM||Adults||1 Loop NEW COURSE (1.5miles)||3 laps (10miles)||1 Loop NEW COURSE (1.5miles)|
Kids Bike Course:
Kids Ages 4-19yrs old
Adult Run Course:
Adults Bike Course:
Adults Bike Course Turnaround:
Adults Bike Turnaround #2 @ Biathlon/Lower parking lot Gate:
Age Groups (USAT rules apply, age is determined by age as of 12/31/20, not race day age):
Girls Ages 4-6
Boys Ages 4-6
Girls Ages 7-8
Boys Ages 7-8
Girls Ages 9-10
Boys Ages 9-10
Girls Ages 11-12
Boys Ages 11-12
Girls Youth 13-15
Boys Youth 13-15
Girls Junior 16-19
Boys Junior 16-19
ADULTS AGE GROUPS:
GIVEAWAYS!!! First 75 racers to sign up for the series will receive a FREE race t-shirt (limited sizes).
AWARDS PARTY – DATE TBD!
Points will be awarded after each race. Awards will be given to the top point accumulations for the series. Points will be posted online within a few days after each race. Awarded will be given to the Top 3 in each age group plus the overall Male and Female adult.
RACE SPONSORS NEEDED: We’re currently looking for additional local businesses interested in sponsoring the race course with volunteers and/or assisting with financial assistance towards trail fees and giveaways. If you know of a business that might be interested, please email Heather@Turnagaintraining.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! – Duties: Registration, bib pick-up, transition area, run course support, and finish line help. Get $10 off a future series race by volunteering at the kids/adults race. Volunteer for both races and get a FREE entry to a future series race, just email the race director asking for a discount code. Also, at the end of the series, there will be a GRAND PRIZE for 1 volunteer that will be raffled off. You do not have to be present at the award ceremony to win.
This race followed USA Triathlon race rules along with our local safety rules are:
- Stay to the right at all times while on the run/bike course
- Declare you are passing an athlete, passing them on the left-hand side, only doing so when there is no oncoming traffic
- Listen to all instructions by volunteers
- Slow down when coming into the dismounting line
- If there is wildlife on course, stop, make lots of noise and do not continue forward movement until it is safe to do so
- No headphones are allowed
- This is a non-draft legal race. Please keep 3 bike length between you and the biker in front of you.