KIDS’ TRIATHLON CAMP MISSION STATEMENT:
The goal of our camps is to build fundamental skills in running, biking, swimming and triathlon transitions for kid’s triathlons in a fun and supportive group setting.
2023 Camp Dates:
June 5-9th, 2023 || June 19-23rd, 2023 || July 17-21st, 2023
Monday through Friday, 12-4pm
Mon/Wed/Fri – Kincaid Park lower stadium parking lot
Tues/Thur – Service High School pool parking lot
Registration is OPEN for our August Session!!
** (Current) Max Capacity: 40 Kids **
Waitlist will open after 40 camper registrations. There is a possibility of adding additional assistant coaches to accommodate more campers. This ensures our coach-to-camper ratio stays low, somewhere between 1:6 – 1:10!
YES, we are back to swimming 1hr 2days at camp! Kids will have a 30min swim lesson followed by 30mins of pool games.
Requirements to Join Camp:
- Between ages 6-14
- Kids should be competent cyclists without training wheels (we have new-to-biking clinics throughout the year for little ones – keep up to date on our Facebook page for those offerings!)
- Kids must bring their own bikes (preferably with gears for learning how to shift)
- Kids do NOT have to be strong swimmers! We have life jackets available.
Example of a Daily Schedule at Camp:
- 12pm: Check in, icebreakers and games
- 12:15pm: Bike ride to a fun area of the park
- 12:45pm: Mini clinic: transition bike skills
- 1:15pm: Games!
- 1:45pm: Snack time! Coaches’ Chat (on a variety of topics, including different kinds of races, personal experiences on teams and in races, etc.)
- 2:15pm: Bike back to Kincaid
- 3pm: Scavenger hunt (dare we say… running?) activity
- 3:45pm: More games!
- 4pm: Pickup
EARLY BIRD PRICING (before April 30th): $225 / camp
Normal Pricing (On/After May 1st): $250
EARLY BIRD PRICING (before April 30th): $250
Normal Pricing (On/After May 1st): $300
What’s Included in Joining the Camp:
- Great opportunity for kids to learn more about triathlon in a fun but safe, social distance focused setting
- **NEW for 2022** Swag bags with transition belts & elastic laces
- Really nice synthetic t-shirt
- FREE mini duathlon race on Friday
- Tastee Freez ice cream on Friday, post race!
- Opportunity to purchase team uniforms, bike gloves and bike jerseys at camp
Things we do at Kids Triathlon Camp:
- Work on biking skills like shifting, braking, cornering, biking in a group line, etc.
- Work on pacing yourself when running, working on form, and having fun while running!
- Long bike rides to fun places!
- Play lots of games!
Fun is our #1 priority!
Expectations for attending camp:
- Every kid has a good, safe working bike with gears. We suggest taking to bike shop for check over if you aren’t sure.If this is a barrier, please do not hesitate to reach out to Coach Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have bikes to loan out, and other families are willing to help those in need.
- Every kid has a helmet, water bottle with water, backpack with snacks, possible layers if weather looks unpredictable, and anything they might need
- We recommend elastic laces in kids shoes for transition practice games and Friday’s race.
Interested but have questions?